Wednesday 29 October 2014

8 Weeks.....Really?



Can you believe it’s only 8 weeks until Christmas?  

No, neither can I! This year has flown by, seemingly as do most years in Property Management.

I get the feeling time flies faster and faster each year, especially with the increasing expectations and demands of our clients filling our days, making us busier and busier. Across all of the training, coaching and consulting we’ve done this year, it’s no surprise to me that the common challenge has been finding more time! So if you’ve been feeling the same way, know that you are not alone!

Whilst I’ve been busy helping you find ways to systemise, streamline and supercharge your businesses and portfolios to ensure there is more time in your days (and hopefully a bit less stress along the way) I’ve realised that I need to apply some of the principles I teach into my own day!

As the year comes to an end my aim is to take some time out and recap on how this year has gone. Look at where I can improve and better systemise my own processes, do some planning for the year ahead, and of course, catch up on all the housekeeping and spring cleaning (that I didn’t actually get time to do in spring!)

In your property management world this is also an optimal time to do the same thing. Take a look at the year that has passed and consider


  • What has worked well
  • What hasn’t worked so well and needs improvement.
  • Tie up all the loose ends and spring clean your own portfolio
  • Set up a plan so you are ready for a jam packed 2015


I thought it would be handy for you to have a free copy of our End of Year Checklist (click to receive) for Property Management.  

Be sure to block some time out of your busy schedules over the coming final weeks to go through a review and also preview to get ready for the year ahead or if you are still running full tilt to the end of the year, lock it in your diary for early January. Doing this will give you a sense of ‘relief’ from your hectic schedule as you will know you have some planning in place to get you through!

Hermione Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment