Wednesday 13 January 2016

Want to know 1 sure fire way to maximise you new business success this year?

We live in a world of instant gratification. In moments I can look anything up via the magic of google, I can order a product to be delivered to my door - within 3 hours, I can research a holiday, I can tack and monitor packages, I can transfer money online instantly when I find myself short at the checkout. Heck, I can now even just speak to my phone I do not even have to do the heavy lifting of typing thanks to my little friend Siri.

What does this mean for many of us? I’ve found that it means in business, that we are constantly looking for the quick win, the client that is ready to go and sign up with us this moment, the phone call conversation that will instantly turn into the appraisal, the letterbox drop that instantly generates the call. I see time and time again BDM’s losing interest after a initial attempt, I admit, I have been guilty of this too.

What needs to shift in order to maximise your chances of new business success? We need to shift the mindset from that of Instant Gratification to that of a Long Term Gain game. Success in this game is a marathon, not a sprint. The most successful business’ I work with take a long term approach to their client nurture and relationship building and a high priority to the care of their data. Recognising that the follow up and ongoing contact with all landlord prospects is as much a key component to success as the ready-made walk in investor - eager to sign up here and now.

Your follow up systems and strategies must be on point, you must have them working for you with thorough notes, reminders and database categories.  Remembering that it can take several conversations, offerings and ongoing nurture to build a relationship with a prospective client - so they trust you want to use you. Much like building a friendship or relationship it takes time.

Your marketing plan must be strategically planned in advance across a combination of mediums and media, with the notion it can take up to 7 or more communication messages for someone to know you and be interested to want to get to know more about what you do.
Most importantly, the mindset of yourself and your team needs to shift to that big picture thinking that will support the long term goals of the business. It can be scary to think of the number of potential future client’s for your business that are never contacted again as they are not ready right now. But, if we can shift the mindset from Instant Gratification to Long Term Gain and recognise the future benefits of keeping in contact to yourself and the business, we can really maximise your chances of new business success this year, and the next, and the next.....

If you or your business needs support or guidance don’t hesitate to get in touch. 



Hermione Gardiner
Real+

No comments:

Post a Comment